Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Going Little in a Very BIG Way!

Hello Lifers!!

Today I am SUPER excited to FINALLY share my first EVER mini scene.

It's featured in today's Graphic 45 Newsletter using their new Mixed Media Boxes.
{don't get the news letter? Click Here to Sign Up


I used  the Graphic 45 "Baby 2 Bride" re-released collection and their new 5x5 Mixed Media Box in Kraft.


I wanted to go with the Bride theme and make a scene that looked like a someone was getting ready for a special day.

I started with making an origami dress.



Check out How to Make an Origami Dress With Graphic 45 by Keri Sallee on Snapguide.


I added these fun "mini" touches I found in the doll furniture section of Hobby Lobby. I distressed the little dresser Shabby Chic style to keep with the pastel tones of the Graphic 45 paper.

The frame on the right is made from a blank necklace bezel that I cut a coordinating G45 sticker to fit. 

My photo frame on the back wall is made from a stamp that come with the G45 "Raining Cats and Dogs" Collection. that I popped up a "Baby 2 Bride" sticker on.



My rug is made from a piece of paper that was fringed. How perfect?!


Behind my dress is a collage of vintage inspired wall decor. Like my other wall, my frames are made from blank necklace bezels. That beautiful cameo was found at an antique market (it's a reproduction though) and my key is from Graphic 45.


I LOVE my little scene! My shoes are compliments of my neighbors little girls and their huge Barbie collection! LOL

To finish my project, I wanted to make my cover reminiscent of a wedding bouquet.


 I used Petaloo Flowers, Prima Marketing Flowers and flowers from The Paper Studio and Michaels. I added bits of lace and a G45 Key Hole.

So there you go! I hope you enjoyed my "little" project! I hope it inspires you to try something new!

XOXO,
KERI


2 comments:

  1. Keri: I am in awe of all your creations. You are so talented. I first saw your work displayed on a G45 bloodspot, immediately fell in love with G45 papers and wanted to start creating a project using the paper, My form of crafting comes mainly from kits which provide all of the pieces for you that you just put together but I wanted to try and make something from scratch. I spotted your time to Celebrate Card and purchased the supplies and then found out from G45 that a tutorial was not available to make the card. I do have he sizzix die to cut out the base, bit need to have the rest of the instructions on the cutting of the paper that was used. I know from communicating previously with you that you indicated there was no tutorial for this card. I wonder if it would be possible for you to put something together for me so that I can make this pretty card. Incidentally, this is my first project using g45 paper and also my first project from scrap. I do appreciate your understanding and patience and hope that you will be able to do this. Thanks. Look forward to your reply - Marianne (mima326@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete