Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making NEW Memories

I miss my studio...have you ever had that? Life kind of gets in the way of being creative. I haven't been in my studio for 6 days and have another 2 before I will be back home! Every creative person feels my pain right now, right? :)

BUT...even though I'm not making "things"...I AM making memories.

I have taken my kids on their first "hike" through our local nature trail. We've had sleepovers and playdates.  I have taken my kids fishing (I hadn't been in probably 20 years!) I've road-tripped to grandma's, then to Aunt Sissy/Uncle Kracker's (A.k.A. My sister and her hubby) and to Nashville, TN to see...wait for it....THE Package Tour, featuring Boyz2Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block.

Yes...You read that right! Any '80s baby remembers NKOTB as their first "heartthrob" and even though it has been 27 years since their first album (yes...we are that old...their first album came out in 1986) they are still a BLAST to watch and scream at like a deranged 13 year old girl.

Here are  few of my favorite pics. I went with my big sis, Leslie (AkA Aunt Sissy) and we had AMAZING seats (iphone pics just don't do it justice.) The majority of the concert was done on the center island, which was only about 30-40 feet away from us. Alas....my poor sister was upset that Jordan didn't spend more time on our side.

Boyz II Men....dramatic pause...

Boyz II Men...Down on Bended Knee. Rose Petals fell from the sky!
My FAV!! They did some MOWTOWN PHILLY!!

98 Degrees...Yes...Nick Lachey is still hot. 
98 Degrees...white shirts under white lights don't photograph well with a cell phone,
but we were told we couldn't bring a big camera. :( They were still fun!
NKOTB...LOVE THIS! Their mic stands lit up and
the center of the middle  of the center island spun around.

NKOTB....How scary! They were probably 20-30 feet in the air, standing on little
metal stands. They were suppose to be strapped into a harness while they were singing, but Danny Wood didn't...shamey shamey!!

This was one of my favorite moments. They were all wearing Boston Red Sox jerseys and the "B" logo was
in the center of the stage. Representing "Boston Strong."

For my sis...Jordan stole the camera  and was doing a little filming.

On our way to the Bridgestone Arena we passed these steps and a I look up and go "OMG...it's the RYMAN AUDITORIUM!!!" Of course I had to get my pic in front of it!

There are plenty more to share, but maybe some other time.
{P.S....if you're still a fan all three groups have new albums out! Click on their names above the go to each group's site!)

There were only 2 things that could have made it better: (1) If all three groups would have sang together (NKOTB did when they toured with Backstreet Boys!!) (2) If Joey McIntyre would have reprised his role as Fiyero from Wicked the Musical. (search on YouTube and you can find a few videos of him sining "As Long As Your Mine!")

So...as much as I wish my hands were inky and painty and I had something amazing to share with you, I am OK with it. Because after all...if we didn't MAKE memories...we wouldn't have anything worthy of creating with.

Until next time my friends....enjoy your creative life...making memories every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! NKOB was the first concert I ever went to! How fun! Looks way better than the concert I saw! lol - of course technology has come a long way since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Rita...that is so awesome! I would have loved to have gone back in the day, but hey...I have more money now than I did when I was 10! LOL

    ReplyDelete