Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

A week of NEW...Scary New...Fun New...and Awesome New.

New....

Those of you who have been following along on my creative journey know that my One Little Word for 2013 is NEW and this week...well it was just been full of NEWness! :)

First there was SCARY New.

I put in my notice at my job! May 12th will be my last day being the Creative Coordinator at my LSS. Through prayer and consideration, I've decided it's time for me to have more time for my two favorite things: my family and my craft. For anyone who's ever left a job without an actual "plan" you know what I am feeling right now...BUT I know it's the right thing for me and my family, so here goes nothing!

Next there was FUN New!!

 This past weekend was my annual scrapbook retreat with my family and girlfriends. Eleven of us rent out a bed and breakfast in Rogersville, MO for 4 days and 3 nights of girl time, creativity and AMAZING food! (It was sad this year because at the last minute my sister's husband's grandfather passed away so she wasn't able to attend, so actually there was only 10 this time.)

This is the adorable sign that greats you!!
The house has 5 rooms and the whole basement is one large room and an AMAZING kitchen that would make any cook totally jealous.

Isn't it cute!? It's decorated in a warm country feel with quilts and antiques everywhere!
Our innkeepers, Mark and Dixie Dawson, are the sweetest people you will ever meet in your life! And they remember EVERYTHING about our group, like who's from Arkansas and who's from Missouri...who doesn't like eggs or corn (that's me!) and all sorts of other tidbits that they use to personalize our stay.

Mark and Dixie went out for a night on the town at a local school fundraiser while we were there.
In case I haven't mentioned it...the food is UH-MAZING!!!
Here are my favorite dinner and breakfast (and yes...every meal is this big and yummy!!)

FAVORITE DINNER:

Pesto Chicken Over Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes, Nutty Broccoli with Swiss,
Stuffed Peppers and Croissants. 
FAVORITE BREAKFAST: 
Scrambled Eggs with Chives, Hickory Smoked Bacon, French Toast Casserole
with Maple Syrup and Mango Smoothie
Want to see all the fun? 
Because yes...we did actually scrapbook and not just eat! LOL

As usual, by breakfast on Sunday morning we all bemoaned how fast the weekend went and already booked our 2014 trip.

I love these girls. They are amazing, supportive, inspirational, a little crazy (especially the later the night gets!) and love me just the way I am, but more importantly...love me enough to help me not stay that way.

New AWESOME!!!

This week was a first for me...it was my FIRST appearance in the magazine Scrapbook News and Review!!

This is the cover:


I have 4 layouts, 3 tutorials and a product review!


One layout is on the front page slide show...it's called "7 Things about Me."

So...that is what is NEW in my world.

I hope your world is full of amazing and NEW things each day.

Until next time...enjoy your Creative Life...I know I am.

1 comment: