Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Winter CHA 2013 Recap!!


Last month I had the AMAZING privilege of attending my 2nd Craft and Hobby Association show...my first in Anaheim! 

If you've never had the opportunity, the experience is just beyond words, but I'll give it a try. :)

I was honored to be asked to work in the Canvas Corp Family booth, plus make a few projects for the booth.

Prep for CHA was a little (or a lot!) crazy! CHA moved the conference up about 2 weeks, so there was so little time between the holidays and the show to make projects and get them ready for the booth to ship. BUT...we go it done!

Here are a couple of my projects for the booth:



We had a "loose" dress code for each day of the show, so I had to plan my packing carefully. I tend to a be a HUGE over packer and this trip was no different! LOL



This is how I travel:

Houndstooth Skinnies, Black tall boots, black tunic and leather jacket.

I don't fly often so I'm still a little "kid in a candy store" when it comes to traveling by plane.
Fancy!! TV in flight!!!!

I have no idea where we were when I took this!


We landed in Anaheim! I was like "Get our of my way people!!"

This was the beautiful drive to the convention center...don't let the sunshine fool you. It was COLD the whole time. NOT the California experience I was expecting.


We went straight to the convention center and was greeted by this:




This was the first time all three companies shared a booth (Canvas Corp, 7 Gypsies and Tattered Angels.) I LOVE this sign that says it all:

The booth was a very unique...it blended all three companies, plus had "studio" space to give store owners a look at new and unique ways to use all three products.






I had the chance to wander around and see some of the other vendors. There are some FANTASTIC new things coming out...here are a few of my favs!

So cute!!! Technique Tuesday (as always!) had an amazing assortment of new stamps!

Who doesn't LOVE Authentique? This is one of their new "mini" lines.

Pink Paislee has gone Luxe! Think metallic golds and silvers and amazingly fun patterns.

This was my my FAVORITE mask from Clear Scraps. I want to Glimmer Mist with it sssoo bad!

Great abstract and background stamps from Hampton Arts.

As much fun as CHA is for seeing all the new products, it's the people you meet that really make it so fun and memorable.

My birthday twin, inspiration and fabulous friend, Cheryl Boglioli. She is an amazing talent and I am excited for future projects we have in the works!


Stopped by the Project Life Booth and met this fabulous lady! Becky Higgins was so sweet and gracious...plus I made my 2 sisters-in-law super jealous! LOL
(What is up with my hair tho!?)
I met some of my instafriends!!! (L) Lindsay Bateman and (R) Maggie Massey (AKA Midwestern Girl) are both amazingly talented girls who are part of Heidi Swapp's Media Team. They really are just two of the sweetest people you will ever meet. And did I mention GORGEOUS!!!???
My Canook friends, Trisha Ladouceur and Leica Forrest.

This is my favorite picture from the trip. It just shows that creativity does bring people together!
From Left to Right: Nic Klopper (South Africa) -ME (Arkansas, US)-Trisha Ladouceur (Canada)-Leica Forrest (Canada)-Justin Quinn (Utah, US)

.
 So...that is my trip down Winter CHA 2013 Memory Lane.

It is really is as amazing as you would dream it to be and then some.

Until next time my friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment