Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Feeling Springy!

Here is Arkansas, our weather can not seem to make up its mind!

In the last week our temperatures have varied from 14 degrees to 67 degrees. I think our state forgot that it's winter!

These warm temps have me dreaming of springtime fun, so I decided  I was going to jump the gun and make a little spring home-dec project.




For this Project I used: Canvas Corp's 10X10 Chunky Stretched Canvas, Burlap Pocket Shape, Easter Sampler (not released just yet!)Mixed Media Glue and some misc Canvas Corp patterned papers. From Tattered Angels I used Glimmer Mist in a Blue that I can't remember the name of (WOOPS! LOL) and Leap Frog, Baseboard in Ivory and the NEW High Impact Paint in White. (Other supplies are a little bit of Krinkle, floral wire and foam, random buttons and May Arts ribbon.)

Here's a couple of close ups of the background:

I used the Blue Glimmer Mist over the entire surface of the canvas and honestly, after I did it, I thought "That is way too bright!" So I took my Baseboard in Ivory did light spray over all of it and then a few heavier sprays. I did this while the blue was still wet so that it would give it more of a watercolor feel and less harsh lines.

For the clouds, I used 1/2 flat brush and the Tattered Angels High Impact paint. (I'll give you more info on those later in the post!) Once again, I did this part while the background was wet to avoid harsh edges. It really is just a "play with it" kind of thing. For the larger clouds, I made my base cloud and then added more paint where I wanted highlights in my clouds. 

(Note: White Acrylic paint mixed with a little water will give you a similar effect.)



For my grass, I poured a little of my Leapfrog Glimmer Mist on my Pink Tattered Angels mat and starting from the bottom of the canvas, drug my paintbrush up. (The one thing I remember from elementary school art "Grass grows up, so you should paint it that way.") To make the variations in the green, I added a little High Impact paint next to my pool of Leapfrog and then just picked up a little of both in difference amounts. 

The rest is all in your creativity! You don't have to use the sampler I used (the flowers were made using an Accu-Cut die cut machine.) You could use flowers cut from your Cricut or Spellbinder or whatever your die cutter of choice is!!

Wants some more info on the High Impact Paint? 

Debuted at the Winter CHA Show in Anaheim, these paints are ready to revolutionize any Tattered Angels fan! They come in 6 metallic and 6 basics and although they can be used along (like in this project) their main purpose to allow the artist to begin to CUSTOMIZE their current and future Tattered Angels paints.

Love the color Rosey Simply Sheer in the Plain Jane Collection, but you need it to sparkle? In a separate sprayer (or a small mixing container if you are using a brush), just add your Simply Sheer and a little of your choice of the 6 metallic colors. Voila! You have your own unique color!

 High Impact paint is compatible with the entire line of Tattered Angels paints. Can you tell that I am super excited about this!!?? The possibilities are endless! (Now if it was just the end of March so they would be ready.) 

Kylee on Fri-Dee

For those of you who stopped by on Monday, you saw the Valentine banner I made.

Well, my 5 year old (Kylee) has a love for crafting just like her mama so she decided she needed to make a love banner, too.



Thanks for stopping by and remember...each day...get caught being creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment